“Unless the Lord builds the house
those who build it labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city the
watchman stays awake in vain.”
In a recent sermon, James shared this verse with Renaissance as we look ahead to our upcoming relaunch in September (see last month’s update for info on the relaunch). He encouraged the church to remember that our effort, our striving will only mean exhaustion and burn-out unless we truly give each day to the Lord, along with every detail about the future of Renaissance Church. God, in His wonderful mercy, is allowing us to be a part of seeing the Gospel transform lives and it is easy to get caught up in the tasks and schedules. We ask that you pray that this verse becomes a daily reminder of God’s control as he builds and watches over His church.
The month of May has come and gone and we witnessed some amazing moments as God moved in incredible ways. Our prayer each day is that we are more aware of His presence and dependent on Him as we seek “not only to share the Gospel but our lives as well.” (1 Thess. 2:8)
Our hope for anyone reading this is that if you do not know Jesus personally you can find peace and hope in Him (contact us, we’d love to help!). If you do know Jesus we hope you live out 1 Thess. 2:8 in whatever season God has placed you in and wherever He has planted you. The world needs the Gospel and what a joy it is that our God has entrusted us to take His Gospel to the ends of the Earth. As you seek Him each day, our prayer for you is that you are challenged with the Great Commission to “GO” and that together we see spiritual revival not only here in Montreal, but in all the world!
A look back at May:
- James and Abi had numerous lunches, coffee meetings, and interactions with friends (new and old) as we share our lives with those around us.
- Spring in Burgundy event where we handed out flowers to the Little Burgundy community and practiced our French!
- Hosted a few teams (more to come in June and July) who had great experiences starting conversations with people across the city. Two conversations that led to a response to the Gospel of Jesus. Praise the Lord!
- James attended the SEND conference in Dallas, TX where he heard incredible teaching and wisdom.
- Abi and the kids traveled to Missouri and were thankful for her mom’s successful surgery and recovery. It was a wonderful time with friends!
- We had two BBQ’s at the canal where we invited friends along with the mission teams that were with us at the time. We hope to do these throughout the summer as a way to continue building relationships!
A look ahead to June:
- We will host 7 mission teams throughout the month from the States (one from our sending church, Ridgecrest Baptist Church) and we are excited!
- James and Abi will travel to Phoenix for the SBC Annual Meeting…if you are going to be there let us know, we’d love to connect!
- Anabelle and Mya will finish school on June 22nd.
- June 24th is St. Jean Baptiste Day here in Quebec and we can’t wait to celebrate with our friends and neighbors!
- Renaissance will host a Leadership Training put on by Chick-fil-A in Little Burgundy as a way to help train community leaders and offer incredible training for free. Thank you Chick-fil-A!