The beginning of the year has been a lot of “getting back to normal” for Renaissance as well. Many of our church members traveled over the holiday break along with two weeks of “relocation” due to the school being closed for the break but we are officially back to our normal time and place and ready for all that the Lord has in store for our church in 2018!
- Our Christmas Eve service was a great night of music and fellowship! We had around 40 people join us for the evening where we shared the Gospel message clearly and enjoyed seeing our church family and friends to celebrate the birth of Jesus. Please continue to pray for relationships that were formed from this event, that we would be diligent with follow up as God provides way to stay in contact.
- Abi hosted our first annual Christmas Tea for the ladies at Renaissance and it was a wonderful afternoon! Around 15 women came to share in some yummy treats (prepared by Anabelle and Mya) and tea. Abi was able to share the Gospel with the group as well as encourage them during the winter season that can be very hard and long here in the “true north”. Please continue to pray for Abi as she prayerfully asks the Lord to lead in the area of women’s ministry at Renaissance.
- We finished our first evangelism training class and just started a new session with six people signed up! We are praying that this encourages our church to share the Gospel in our everyday lives at work, with family, and with friends as God provides conversations and ways to be intentional in our relationships.
Ways to Pray:
- Pray for our current sermon series in Acts called “Multiply” as we focus on being a church that lives out a Gospel culture in our community
- Pray for unbelievers in our church to give their lives fully to God. We have seen some great movement as they are being drawn more and more towards a relationship with Jesus.
- Pray for our new session of evangelism training.
- On July 1st our current lease for our apartment will be up and we plan on moving in order to be closer to Little Burgundy and the community we are called to serve. Please join us in praying for God to provide us with an apartment that is right for our family…here are some specifics we are asking Him to provide:
- Good, safe school district for our kids (it will be the third school in 3 years for our girls…please pray for this transition for them!)
- Plenty of space for the six of us (hard to find in the city)
- Close location to where we meet on Sunday Mornings
- Rent price that fits our budget